Culver City, CA
auticon / MindSpark, Inc.
auticon’s vision is to empower autistic adults and change perceptions worldwide by creating sustainable career opportunities for individuals with autism and promote genuine inclusion and diversity. We are already the largest employer of autistic IT employees worldwide and aim to employ 1000 autistic adults by 2023..
We have an immediate need for a QA Manager for one of our key projects in the Burbank and Woodland Hills area. The QA Manager has overall ownership of manual and automated software testing success of specific project(s) within various software domains including entertainment, health care, and finance. You will be responsible for identifying QA process gaps developing test automation frameworks and rolling it out to multiple delivery teams, as well as drive implementation of test automation best practices
What You’ll Do:
- Leverage your knowledge of QA automation methodologies to architect and design an automated testing platform that will ultimately reduce defects, improve quality and enable customers to deliver high quality software faster using a continuous delivery process.
- Assess the needs of the development team and implement improvements to the existing QA process
- Define roadmaps and detailed implementation plans on behalf of and/or in collaboration with the development team for QA Automation strategy, architecture, and implementation.
- Evaluate, recommend and support selection of appropriate test automation tools. Seek opportunities to leverage existing technology and integrate new tools where needed.
- Develop and execute automation test suites for regression testing of applications.
- Design test data, perform functional testing, data validations, and analyze and document test results.
- Act as a mentor for QA Engineers and QA Analysts, including updating and presenting our internal automated testing training.
- End-to-end oversight and management of QA Automation Engineers and QA Analysts responsible for implementing automation solutions per design.
- Provide timely reports to Leadership team on the health of assigned project(s)
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- 5+ years hands on experience writing and debugging automated tests using technologies such as Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Cucumber
- Experience with source code management.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes required, including experience with tools such as Jenkins and/or Bitbucket
- Experience with native mobile app (both Android and iOS) and web test automation tools and frameworks
- Experience with automated parallel cloud platform testing using Browserstack or SauceLabs
- Experience with content management tools such as Drupal a plus
- Experience with RDBMS and complex SQL statements a plus
- Experience testing and automating against UI, APIs, REST/SOAP services and back-end processes a plus
- 8+ years of software QA experience including full SDLC, Agile, Scrum
- 3+ years experience leading a team of software testers and automation engineers
- Experience creating and implementing formal QA and testing methodologies and processes.
- Experience planning tests from features and user stories and ability to design effective tests from these while working in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Highly knowledgeable of QA practices and tools with proven experience in this area
- Solid understanding of Test-Driven Design and Behavior Driven Design concepts
- Experience with Project Management tools such as JIRA and/or Rally
- Development of the test case execution plan, test case execution, defect management, and status metrics
- Must be detail oriented and capable of analyzing issues from the perspective of customers/users
Soft Skills Required:
- Superb communication, teamwork, reporting, documentation, and problem-solving skills
- Must be a team player and work collaboratively with BSA/Developers and direct reports
- Comfortable/adaptable in a fast-paced environment with a volatile workflow.