Salt Lake City, UT
auticon is a global tech company. auticon’s vision is to empower autistic adults and change perceptions worldwide by creating sustainable career opportunities for individuals with autism and promote genuine inclusion and diversity. We are the largest employer of autistic IT employees worldwide and aim to employ 1,000 autistic adults by 2023.
Are you passionate about autism and social enterprise?
As a Job Coach, you will be preparing up to 10 Tech Consultants for assignments in changing client environments, mediating the relationship between autistic employees and clients, and negotiating workplace accommodations. This involves a full briefing to the client in terms of autism and the individual characteristics of their new co-worker, as well as assisting autistic colleagues with the respective corporate cultures, and helping them in arranging further support outside of auticon. Your role is to support our consultants so they can reach their full professional talent, and our clients so they are confident in best practices working with neurodiverse individuals.
In close collaboration with the recruitment, tech lead and sales teams, main duties and responsibilities include:
- Hosting regular 1-1 job coaching sessions with up to 10 autistic colleagues (including preparation for their projects, negotiating workplace accommodations and supporting optimal workplace performance)
- Developing personalized well-being strategies for autistic colleagues
- Supporting autistic colleagues in maintaining good mental health
- Liaising with social workers, carers, GPs, government agencies, and community organizations
- Supporting auticon’s recruitment strategy, participate in recruiting new Consultants
- Hosting and facilitating skills assessments and preparation workshops
- Support with any employment documentation for autistic colleagues and project reporting for auticon
- Continuous and dedicated improvement of our procedures
Key skills and characteristics
Are you passionate about autism, with an interest in keeping the balance between social impact and economic profitability? We would love to hear from you if you have an outgoing, positive, empathetic, patient and assertive personality and a clear and straightforward communication style, with:
- A background in the fields of psychology, social work, business, tech or similar. Applicants from the educational sector will also be considered if coupled with commercial experience
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience, including work in a commercial/corporate environment
- An in-depth understanding of the autism spectrum
- The ability to adjust your communication style flexibly
- Resilience and the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at once
- The ability to remain calm under stress and to prioritize under pressure
- A professional understanding of computer sciences/tech projects would be a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States
Email a cover letter and resume to
auticon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.