DevOps Engineer (all experience lelvels)
A leading employer of autistic adults in tech
If you have an autism diagnosis and are looking for a career in tech in a great work environment, we want to hear from you!
If you identify as a DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Cloud Architect, Site Reliability Engineer, or Systems Analyst, we want to hear from you! auticon is hiring for these roles– from junior (minimum 1 year’s professional experience, see skills and qualifications for specifics) to senior-level professionals – to help our clients tackle fascinating and challenging production problems.
We’re seeking people who are adept at building CI/CD pipelines; or create and maintain infrastructures and platforms; or integrate, monitor, maintain, and manage systems in new or creative ways.
We realize that getting and keeping a job can be challenging, so we’re on your side. We provide a professional auticon Job Coach, Tech Lead, and Learning and Development Coach in an accommodating work environment to help you succeed.
The skills and main responsibilities for this role are below, but you do not have to meet all of them to apply!
Because our clients face many new challenges, our DevOps engineers need strong creative problem-solving skills and the technical background to implement solutions.
DevOps requires skills across a lot of disciplines (code, infrastructure, platforms, data, network, security, and cloud), and this requires an understanding of architecture principles and engineering experience to prepare this data for our client’s use cases.
The ideal candidate will love creating, maintaining, automating, destroying, scaling, and developing controls to monitor quality, all while documenting their work.
- Create, maintain, and destroy infrastructures, platforms, and other resources, usually but not always as code for automation
- Design, develop, implement, test, and support technical solutions in both cloud and data center environments
- Work with a team of like-minded engineers with deep experience in software development, quality, operations, and security
- Collaborate with engineering, product development, quality, cloud provider, and operational teams
- Deliver on timeline commitments where necessary
- Help interface and facilitate collaboration with the client’s team, in collaboration with and alignment with Job Coach and their responsibilities
- Work alongside your dedicated Job Coach and Tech Lead for support
- Learn, understand, and implement existing auticon processes related to your role
- Ensure auticon has the processes, tools, and infrastructure to be an effective, scalable company, working alongside your colleagues to do so and with sign-off from your manager
- Be part of continuous and dedicated improvement of our processes in collaboration and with agreement from other colleagues, with sign-off from your manager
Qualifications (you do not have to meet all to apply):
- Required 1+ years of relevant professional work experience (does not have to be consecutive)
- Includes: Paid and unpaid work, full-time/part-time work, freelance professional work (paid or unpaid, client or family/friend), internships
- Does not include: College courses or personal projects (unless personal projects were on a significant scale)
- Experience with at least one area of the product development cycle (build, integration, test, rollout, migrations, and supporting complex solutions while maintaining engineering best practices including defect tracking, design reviews, and appropriate testing
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills)
- Pragmatic, product-oriented approach
- Ability to work cross-functionally with minimal supervision
- Experience with one or more cloud environments (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, IBM, Digital Ocean, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell, etc.)
- Experience with Agile engineering practices
- Experience with UNIX or Linux
- Experience in one or more of:
- Version Control (e.g., GitLab, GitHub, BitBucket, etc.)
- Continuous Integration/Deployment Automation (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI, Vagrant, Packer, GitLab, GitLab, GitHub, etc.)
- Configuration Management (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.)
- Containers (Docker, rkt, containerd, etc.)
- Infrastructure Orchestration (e.g., Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, AWS CloudFormation, GCP Deployment Manager, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- Monitoring, Alerting and Analytics (PagerDuty, Prometheus, Kibana, Splunk, Dynatrace, New Relic, AppDynamics, AWS CloudWatch, Azure Cloud Monitoring, Google Operations, etc.)
- Testing and Cloud Quality Tools (Selenium, Cypress, Cucumber, Katalon, Datadog, Sumo Logic, BlazeMeter, CloudTest, AWS Device Farm, etc.)
- Networks (e.g., VPC, firewall rules, VPNs, etc.)
auticon does not provide sponsorship for this opening. Candidates must now and in the future be legally eligible to work in the US for any employer.
auticon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.