DevOps Engineer (1+ years’ experience)
A leading employer of autistic adults in tech
If you have an autism diagnosis and are looking for a career in tech in a great work environment, we want to hear from you.
auticon is hiring DevOps Engineers – from junior (minimum 1 years professional experience, see skills and qualifications for specifics) to senior level professionals – to help our clients tackle fascinating and challenging production problems.
We’re seeking people who are adept at building CI/CD pipelines; or, create and maintain infrastructures and platforms; or, integrate, monitor, maintain, and manage systems in new or creative ways.
We realize that getting and keeping a job can be challenging, so we’re on your side. We provide a professional auticon Job Coach and Technical Leader in an accommodating work environment to help you succeed.
The skills and main responsibilities for this role are below, but you do not have to meet all of them to apply!
Because our clients face many new challenges, our DevOps engineers need strong creative problem-solving skills and the technical background to implement solutions.
DevOps requires skills across a lot of disciplines (code, infrastructure, platforms, data, network, security, and cloud), and this requires an understanding of architecture principles and engineering experience to prepare this data for our client’s use cases.
The ideal candidate will love creating, maintaining, automating, destroying, scaling, developing controls to monitor quality, and documenting their work.
- Create, maintain, and destroy infrastructures, platforms, and other resources, usually but not always as code for automation
- Design, develop, implement, test, and support technical solutions in both cloud and data center environments
- Work with a team of like-minded engineers with deep experience in software development, quality, operations, and security
- Collaborate with engineering, product development, quality, cloud provider, and operational teams
- Deliver on timeline commitments where necessary
Preferred Qualifications (you do not have to meet all to apply):
- 1+ years of relevant professional work experience
- Includes: Paid and unpaid work, full-time/part-time work, freelance professional work (paid or unpaid, client or family/friend), internships
- Does not include: College courses or personal projects
- Work experience does not have to be consecutive
- Experience with all stages of the product development cycle especially build, integration, test, rollout, migrations, and supporting complex solutions while maintaining engineering best practices including defect tracking, design reviews, and appropriate testing
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Pragmatic, product-oriented approach
- Ability to work cross-functionally with minimal supervision
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Physics
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, IBM, Digital Ocean, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience in at least one scripting language (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell, etc.)
- Experience with Agile engineering practices
- Experience with UNIX or Linux
- Experience in:
- Version Control (e.g., GitLab, GitHub, BitBucket, etc.)
- Continuous Integration/Deployment Automation (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI, Vagrant, Packer, GitLab, GitLab, GitHub, etc.)
- Configuration Management (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.)
- Containers (Docker, rkt, containerd, etc.)
- Infrastructure Orchestration (e.g., Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, AWS CloudFormation, GCP Deployment Manager, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- Monitoring, Alerting and Analytics (PagerDuty, Prometheus, Kibana, Splunk, Dynatrace, New Relic, AppDynamics, AWS CloudWatch, Azure Cloud Monitoring, Google Operations, etc.)
- Testing and Cloud Quality Tools (Selenium, Cypress, Cucumber, Katalon, Datadog, Sumo Logic, BlazeMeter, CloudTest, AWS Device Farm, etc.)
- Networks (e.g., VPC, firewall rules, VPNs, etc.)
Applicants must now and in the future be legally eligible to work in the US for any employer.
auticon does not provide visa sponsorship or transfer for this opening.
auticon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.