Data Scientist (All Levels)
A leading employer of autistic adults in tech, auticon is hiring!
If you have an autism diagnosis and are looking for a career in tech in a great work environment, we want to hear from you.
auticon currently has an immediate hiring need for Data Scientists- from junior to senior level professionals.
For these roles, we are looking for individuals with quantitative degrees comfortable enough with research methodologies that they can tackle abstract business and engineering problems with extreme precision, and who have the enthusiasm and initiative necessary to deliver those answers at a fast pace.
You should have demonstrable programming skills (Python preferred) and be comfortable with the engineering development process.
As a Data Scientist at auticon you will help our clients solve fascinating and challenging problems.
We realize that getting and keeping a job can be challenging, so we’re on your side.
We provide a professional auticon Job Coach and Technical Leader in an accommodating work environment to help you succeed.
The skills and main responsibilities for this role are below, but you do not have to meet all of them to apply!
As a Data Scientist at auticon you will need strong creative problem-solving skills to translate a wide variety of business processes or problems into AI, machine learning, deep learning, or neural network solutions and the technical background to implement those solutions.
The ideal candidate will be involved in methodically running experiments to evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches.
- Analyze large, noisy data sets from many different sources to discover trends and patterns
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Build predictive models and learning algorithms
- Write SQL, NoSQL, or similar data queries
- Perform statistical tests and evaluations to make good decisions and determine the right action
- Build and manage data pipelines and processes
- Communicate results with stakeholders, executives, and other non-data scientists in a way that they can understand and makes them feel empowered
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Deliver on timeline commitments where necessary
- Help interface and facilitate collaboration with the client’s team, in collaboration with and alignment with Job Coach and their responsibilities
- Work alongside your dedicated Job Coach for support
- Help outline and scope engagements (senior level only)
- Coach less experienced Data Scientists on your auticon team (senior level only)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior data science experience preferred, but willing to consider new data scientists depending on background
- Ability to keep track of many complicated interactions between different data sources
- Solid mathematical skills
- Bachelor’s, Masters or PhD in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or similar scientific/technical field (or equivalent experience)
- Preferred but not all skills mandatory to apply: Experience with Python (including NumPy, Pandas, Scikit Learn, TensorFlow), SQL, and familiarity with software development tools and workflow (automated testing, git, clean code)
Applicants must now and in the future be legally eligible to work in the US for any employer.
auticon does not provide visa sponsorship or transfer for this opening.
auticon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.