Data Engineer (All Levels)
A leading employer of autistic adults in tech
If you have an autism diagnosis and are looking for a career in tech in a great work environment, we want to hear from you.
auticon is hiring Data Engineers – from junior to senior level professionals – to help our clients tackle fascinating and challenging data problems.
We’re seeking people who are adept at building data pipelines that can source, clean, and normalize data at scale; or, create data scalable streaming applications; or, integrate systems in new or creative ways.
We realize that getting and keeping a job can be challenging, so we’re on your side. We provide a professional auticon Job Coach and Technical Leader in an accommodating work environment to help you succeed.
The skills and main responsibilities for this role are below, but you do not have to meet all of them to apply!
Because our clients face many new challenges, our data engineers need strong creative problem-solving skills and the technical background to implement solutions.
Data may be acquired from multiple sources, and this requires an understanding of data architecture principles and engineering experience to prepare this data for our client’s use cases.
The ideal candidate will love automating data pipelines, cleanse and transform data, developing controls to monitor the quality of data, participating in governance, schema development, establish integration patterns, and documenting their work.
- Stitch and normalize sparse and noisy data across various data sources
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Design, develop, implement, test, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
- Work with a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, analytics, distributed microservices, or full stack systems
- Utilize programming languages like Python, Java, Scala, Ruby, or Elixir and Open Source RDBMS, streaming, messaging, or cloud-based data warehousing services
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Deliver on timeline commitments where necessary
Preferred Qualifications (you do not have to meet all to apply):
- Prior experience (but willing to consider new data engineers depending on background)
- Experience with all stages of the product development cycle especially designing, developing, and supporting a complex software solution while maintaining engineering best practices including defect tracking, design reviews, and appropriate testing
- Proficient in SQL and/or NoSQL
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Pragmatic, product-oriented approach
- Ability to work cross-functionally with minimal supervision
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or similar quantitative fields.
- Experience with cloud environments (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in application development
- Experience working on streaming data applications
- Experience with Agile engineering practices
- Experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
- Experience with at least one DevOps technology (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, SaltStack, Kubernetes)
Applicants must now and in the future be legally eligible to work in the US for any employer.
auticon does not provide visa sponsorship or transfer for this opening.
auticon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.